Saturday, September 19, 2009

new technology

So, as most of you probably got thursday also, I got some new technology :). I got my heart rate monitor for walk-jog class. It's pretty sweet. You wear a watch and a transmitter around your chest and it monitors your heart rate, hence the name "heart rate monitor." I really enjoyed learning how to use the new equipment. We didn't really use them much in class on friday, but I'm really looking forward to using it, and curious to see what activities cause my heart rate to go up or down.

1 comment:

  1. Heart rate monitors are a great piece of technology. I purchased a Polar RS 800 heart rate monitor last year, and used it all summer with my running and weight training. The model that I have can measure just about anything, but I usually use it for my heart rate, calories burned, and the duration of my workouts. I love using my heart rate monitor, because it lets me know if I’m pushing too hard or not hard enough for my workouts that I do. Heart rate monitors are a piece of technology to have, and everyone who exercises regularly should own one.

    ReplyDelete